INTERESTED IN BASEWORKS?
Experience Baseworks Practice in public classes in Tokyo, Japan.
The Baseworks approach is structured on concepts of adaptability, cyclicity, and non-linear/modular learning.
To build any skill, regularity and consistency of practice are vitally important.
As we age, it becomes increasingly harder to change our already established habits and movement patterns.
Anyone who has seriously tried to learn something deeply knows that on occasion you are faced with obstacles such as boredom, exhaustion, injury, inability to create a structure for learning, lack of foundation, reaching a plateau…..etc…
BASEWORKS PRACTICE CONCEPT
Practice structured into 4 modules with different physical perquisites and learning objectives.
Public practice sessions 7 days a week from 7 am to 10 pm, making it possible to mix and match practice to compliment other lifestyle endeavors/commitments.
All modules taught in the same teaching methodology, ensuring a consistent learning experience.
Since the results of learning in one module directly correspond to the progress in other modules, we encourage cycling the practice sessions to optimize the experience.
The practice of other disciplines is encouraged.
Shuffling the modules while modifying intensity to support individual condition supports daily practice without the risk of over-training and injury.
- Increase awareness
- Build prerequisites in strength, flexibility, concentration, relaxation, and motor control
- Learn basic movement dynamics
- Understand fundamental structural limitations
- Develop new movement skills
- Focus on the upper body and distributed activation
- Adapt to different positions in gravity
- Build connecting strategies
- Work with momentum and center of gravity transfer
- Increase range of motion
- Understand symmetry from the unilateral perspective
- Challenge structural and perceptual limitations
- Modify practice intensity and moderate stress levels
- Refine precision, and fluidity of motion
- Switch off conceptual thinking
Since 2000, the Baseworks Teaching Methodology has been utilized across different disciplines of practice.
The Baseworks Practice Public Classes have been happeing in Tokyo since 2010, as well as pop-up studios in global locations.
The format offers a substantial amount of sessions per week for practitioners to gain a consolidated experience.
Each class is between 60 to 90 minutes.
The diagrams below show the Tokyo weekly program each year with a breakdown by the number of classes for each module.
■ FOUNDATION ■ ELEMENTS ■ STRATEGY ■ INTEGRATE
28 sessions per week
1260 sessions in 2012
45 sessions per week
2310 sessions in 2013
57 sessions per week
2907 sessions in 2014
52 sessions per week
2679 sessions in 2015
59 sessions per week
3007 sessions in 2016
60 sessions per week
3097 sessions in 2017
55 sessions per week
2860 sessions in 2018