This “Foundation” immersion will introduce the foundational concepts of Baseworks Practice. The immersion looks at the practice as a primary functional tool to enhance overall health and wellbeing. Participants will explore these concepts in an easy-to-understand-way that can complement any other practice.
- Detailed, alignment-based practice
- Developing and understanding the significance of the contraction and relaxation of opposing muscle groups to support the major joint complexes and their associated tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
- Exploring “distributed activation” in utilizing muscles that stabilize the spine, abdominal region, and pelvis.
- Enhancing a better understanding of biomechanics.
- Lectures on the interface between human anatomy & physiology, psychology, and subtle energetics.
- Introduction to the Elements module.
**Immersion open to all levels and backgrounds, including teachers, intermediate and advanced movement practitioners.
7 hours each day (90-minute lunch break).