This VS will coincide with the 1248th birth anniversary of Kūkai, one of the greatest figures in the history of Japan.
Asia has been infinitely inspired by Kūkai, and this VS will explore many parallels between Kūkai’s educational and promotional activities and the Baseworks Method educational and promotional activities.
This VS will cover:
- Kūkai’s life and work
- The hierarchical and bidirectional nature of perception
- Labeled lines, sensitivity thresholds
- Categories and recognition categories
- Motor learning
- The relationship between language and movement
- Movement as a goal-oriented behavior
- What exactly can be considered “conscious” in “conscious movement”
- Preconceptions in physical education
- Unique categories in Baseworksand more.
All these theoretical topics will provide a better understanding of the Baseworks Method and our approach to physical education.
This VS will be approximately 99% theory and 1% physical practice. Rather than performing movements, you will be required to really THINK about how you perform the movements.
Save the date
July 27, 2022: 14:00-15:30 EST (Eastern Standard Time)
What are virtual Sessions?
Virtual Sessions are a “live” educational format offered on the Baseworks Practice Platform.
Whereas the Online Practice Sessions are designed to provide the opportunity to develop your practice through repetition, the Virtual Sessions are designed to provide real-time feedback and insight, which can then be re-applied during the Online Practice Sessions.
The level of interactivity in the Virtual Sessions is dependent on the interest/involvement of the participants and may vary from session to session.
Each virtual session lasts from 60 to 90 minutes.