Baseworks is accessible to individuals of all athletic backgrounds, regardless of whether you have minimal or advanced experience.
Virtually anyone can benefit from Baseworks by developing new skills, physical abilities, and gaining fresh insights.
The primary requirement is your motivation and interest in adopting a different perspective and embracing the opportunity to learn something new.
Outcomes you can expect as a beginner
- Enhanced Physical Abilities: Develop strength, flexibility, mobility, movement control, and balance.
- Heightened Sensory Awareness: Improve your ability to sense and understand your body in finer detail.
- Deep Insight into Your Unique Condition: Understand your physical condition and limitations to make more informed, conscious choices in training and day-to-day life.
- Improved Resilience: Understand when to push yourself and when to rest, enhancing resilience and stress management.
- Mental Benefits: Improve attention, visuospatial reasoning, concentration, and self-esteem.
- Emotional Well-being: Enhance emotional regulation and sleep quality.
- And More: Discover additional benefits as you progress!
Addressing unique challenges of adult learners at a beginner level
Although there is no shortage of exercise and fitness-related information available everywhere, many adults at a beginner level find it challenging to stick to and progress in exercise and physical practices due to the following reasons commonly observed across the fitness industry:
- Lack of consistency and a clear structure to progress,
- You are either expected to push hard or are told stress yourself at all, both of which is not optimal for learning
- Focus is often on the superficial aspects of the activity with little attention to the foundational aspects of physical practice
- Little focus on physical sustainability, which may lead to injuries.
The Baseworks Practice has evolved in response to these issues and was intentionally tested and optimized to make it easier for people with limited physical skills and low body awareness to better understand the instructions, understand their own unique conditions, and progress step-by step without over-exertion and hurting themselves.
This is a comment by one of our students:
I like the human approach at Baseworks because you become more comfortable being at your level. As a beginner it’s definitely something that is appealing.Morten
In Baseworks we place a lot of emphasis on developing not only the physical prerequisites (such as strength, flexibility, mobility, and balance), but also the so-called “perceptual skills” – the 3 types of body awareness, and the ability to control the movements in a more conscious manner. Developing these skills makes movement practices and physical learning easier and more enjoyable.
If you have any questions or need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can also explore our Events directory to find out if there’s an upcoming event near you.